Enjoy the podcast and Happy Holidays
Make our classy holiday cocktails in your very own home:
Coquito (“little coconut”)
- 1 cup water
- 12 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 inch-long piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 15-ounce can of Coco Lopez
- 1 12-ounce can of Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1.5 cup light rum (I use Cruzan)
- Powdered cinnamon
- Place water, cloves, cinnamon sticks and ginger in a small saucepan to create an infusion. Cook at medium heat until the mixture begins to boil.
- After cooking, cover and let the infusion cool for 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
- Place the Coco Lopez, evaporated milk, rum and infusion in a blender. Cover and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour contents into a glass bottle with a cinnamon stick and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve in 2-5 ounce glasses. Sprinkle top with powdered cinnamon.
- Like an egg nog, the flavor improves with time. It’s quite good freshly made, but a 14-28 day aging in the refrigerator does wonders for it.